A menstrual disc is a flat, circular, flexible disc made of medical-grade silicone, and it works by collecting the blood inside the vagina. Unlike the menstrual cup, which is placed inside the vagina, the menstrual disc is placed deep inside around the cervix at the area called the vagina fornix. It is held in place by the pubic bone and leaves the vagina free. This means you can enjoy sex during your period without having to worry about stained sheets. It’s soft and molds to your body so you can move freely, run and just relax. Some women also find that the disk reduces menstrual pain.
Most menstrual disc can stay in for up to 12 hours before you need to change them, even while you sleep. It is reusable so you can wash it clean and use it again and again. If you take good care of it, it can last up to 5 years.
Small: For you who are under 30 or have not given birth (60 mm x 60 mm x 35 mm / 42 ml).
Large: For those over 30 or who have given birth (72 mm x 65 mm x 40 mm / 68 ml).
WHAT YOU GET BY BUYING A MENSTRUAL DISC FROM GODDESS-TEMPLE.COM:
- A menstrual disc in 100% medical silicone
- A silk-lined velour bag for safe storage.
Do you have any questions! Contact us here.
How to insert a menstrual disc:
- First of all, you should know that it may take some time to learn how to insert and remove a menstrual disk smoothly. So have a little patience with it and with a little practice you will learn it easily.
- Start by washing your hands and the menstrual disc with warm water and neutral soap.
- Get in a position that makes it easy to insert the disc. It can be sitting on the toilet, standing with legs apart or sitting in a deep squat with one leg slightly more extended than the other.
- Pinch the sides of the disc together so that it is the same size as a tampon.
Insert the pinched part of the disc pointing downwards and insert it into your vaginal canal. You want it to sit at a vertical angle so that it completely covers your cervix.
- Be sure to push it past the pubic bone as far in as possible so that the edges of the disc sit just above the bone.
- Remove your fingers and the disc will pop out and open on its own.
- Congratulations, you are now ready to bleed!
How to remove a menstrual disc:
- It can be a little messier to remove a menstrual disc as opposed to a menstrual cup, because if you are a beginner the blood can tip over and spill. The trick is to always have it in a vertical position when you remove it.
- Wash your hands.
- Sit on the toilet.
- Reach into your vagina with your middle finger and slide it under the edge of the disc and pull it straight out.
If it’s difficult, squat down and push out with your pelvic floor muscles as if you’re about to give birth or on the toilet. This will loosen the edge of the disc from the pubic bone.
- Empty the contents into the toilet, a houseplant or into a sacred cup to offer to the earth.
- Wash it with warm water and mild soap.
We ship globally from Aarhus, Denmark. All packages are handed with care, and we do a lot to love the products and charge them with a lot of good energy, before sending out.
We pack your products discreetly, so the postman can not see that it has anything to do with sexuality and pleasure.
Once you have placed an order, it will be shipped within 1-3 business days. When the order has been sent, you will receive an email with your tracking number.
Orders within Denmark are delivered with DAO and arrive to you within 2-4 days once dispatched.
Orders to Sweden are delivered with DAO Express and will arrive to you within 2-4 days once dispatched.
Orders to Norway are delivered with Postnord and will arrive to you after 2-10 days.
Please feel free to use our Danish site www.gudindetemplet.dk for shipment to Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
Orders within other countries in Europe are delivered with DAO Express. Allow 5-7 business days for delivery once dispatched.
International orders outside Europe are shipped with DHL Express and transit time will vary from 2 to 10 working days at the moment the parcel is dispatched.
IMPORTANT!! We will not be responsible for goods that are lost or cover freight if they are returned to us due to incorrect addresses or unmanageable situations. If your item is returned to us for any reason in the shipping process, a fee will be charged for re-sending it (the price you originally paid for shipping).
Due to the intimate nature and use of the product, we unfortunately do not offer refunds or exchange options – only in very rare cases where the product is damaged during shipment.
If you experience that the item is damaged on arrival, you should email us immediately through the contact form and send pictures of the damaged item. We will then assess the damage and send you a new item at no extra cost. You cover the return costs of the damaged item yourself, and if we can see, that the damage is done through shipping, we will cover the return costs.